Bahrain Digital Content Award (BDC Award) was launched in 2005 in collaboration between Bahrain Technology Companies Society [BTECH] and World Summit Awrad WAS as a catalyst for Digital creativity in Bahrain. BDC Award is an initiative dedicated to recognizing Bahraini digital contents at all sectors that have delivered business value and pride in any fields through their innovative technologies.
BDC Award has become a platform for cut-edge examples on how digital contents can have an impact in locally , regionally and world-wide society.
- contribute to the enrichment of Digital renaissance in the Kingdom of Bahrain.
- Honor and acknowledge organizations that bring excellence developing digital contents.
- Boost awareness on the contribution of the digital contents in the development and growth of the economy
- Inspire youth to be innovative and pursue passion in the technology developments at all society’s fields.
- Contribute to the vision of ICT roadmap by showcasing creative use of digital innovation.
- Global visibility of BDC Award activities through national network, media partners and strategic cooperation.
- Increase the investments opportunities.
- All nominations must be in English.
- Duly signed form per nomination. Incomplete forms will not be accepted.
- Maximum of 3 products or services per organization.
- All nomination should include fact-based information, branding and marketing messages.
- Administration fess of 100 BD will be applicable for all companies and organizations.
- Individual are excluded from administration fees.
- All nomination will be sent to Award Admin team.
- BDC Award Jury Panel has the right to verify information provided in the form.
- BDC Award Jury Panel has the right to approve or reject nominations based on the criteria provided.
- All nomination must be submitted online in Word (.doc) formator or PowerPoint (.PPT) formator. Another format will not be accepted.
- All supporting documents should be submitted in Adobe reader (.pdf),
- Video/Audio files
- and valid links to Apps, websites, portals ..etc. should be clearly mentioned.
- Number of clients using the solution / services
- Examples of solutions implemented in challenging environment and vendor’s role.
- Examples of consultation and solution design.
- Examples of ROI and benefits achieved.
- Client testimonials.
- Marketing Materials.
BDC Award categories reflect the UN WSIS action lines and are updated regularly to meet the development of the markets in Bahrain and global.
services | open data | democratic participation
medical care | sport | lifestyle
knowledge | science | skills
climate | sustainable resources | agriculture
heritage | entertainment | subcultures
mobility |productive work | sustainable living
innovative services | security | finance | marketing
diversity | gender | justice | human rights
Media & e-information
digital journalism |Multimedia Production | mass information transmission |media websites
strictly for people under the age of 26
The BDC Award Jury process is strictly democratic and transparent system to guarantee a fair and diverse selection of nominations.
the arbitration process for the award will follow international arbitration standards, which will focus on the quality of the content components in terms of depth, originality, comprehensiveness, method of presentation and constructions, as well as ease of access to information and accuracy of search results, including browsing mechanisms and navigation methods.
All submitted nominations will be extensively reviewed and judged according to the following criteria:
- Relevance to the business and social needs
- Readiness for international market
a. NOMINATION AND APPLICATION
BDC Award nominations is opened for all institutions, individuals, private sector companies, civil society organizations and government ministries to participate in the competition and enrich the Digital developments in Bahrain.
Applicants can nominate maximum of 3 products and services for the category. Once the nominees have completed their application, they are permitted to the Jury process.
b. JURY REVIEW AND EVALUATION
All applications will be carefully reviewed and evaluated by an especially assembled online jury and approved by the BDC Award organizer committee .
The winning contents will be nominated for the World Summit Award (WSA), which is held every year in cooperation with the United Nations and within the framework of the World Summit on the Information Society.
c. RESULTS / ANNOUNCEMENT OF WINNERS
The winners of Bahrain Digital Content Award will be notified via email. Winners get the invitation to pitch their project briefly and will be awarded during the Award ceremony.
31th July 2023
Deadline for Submission
16th September 2023
Start of Jury Review and Evaluation
19th September 2023
End of Jury Review and Evaluation
01st October 2023
DCA committee Approval
02nd October 2023
Nominating BDC Award winners for World summit Award [WSA]
13th October 2023
Announcing WSA winners
30th December 2023
Bahrain Digital Content Award announcing and Ceremony
6th FEB, In the line with MEET ICT Conference 2024
World summit Award [WSA]Ceremony
01st March 2024
- Getting recognized nationally and internationally.
- Recognition with trophy during the Award night
- Networking with industry experts.
- Press Release.
WSA is a nomination based award system.
To apply you need to be nominated by either a WSA National Expert as best national digital solution for the UN SDGs in one of the 8 categories.
Through this high level selectory system, please be aware that every country has their own deadlines for the call. The generally communicated WSA deadline is the timeframe of the global call, and communicates the last possible date of a nomination by the national expert panel.
Since 2003, over 600 Winners have been selected from over 82000 nominations, presenting a diameter of innovation from Indonesia to Argentina, from Iceland to New Zealand. Be it a tool for accurate diagnostics of wounds, a webpage to organize international meetings for you or a political think tank, the WSA Winners offer a vast spectre of digital innovation.
The WSA is the global follow-up initiative of the United Nations World Summit on Information Society (WSIS).
Global competition for digital solutions contributing to the UN SDGs
Focus on Digital Innovation and Creativity and Social Entrepreneurship
Active in over 184 UN member states
National pre-selection by global experts network: local winners = nominees for global WSA
WSA Global Congress and Winners Award Ceremony
Conducted since 2003
The World Summit Award (WSA) was founded in 2003 by Austria as part of the UN World Summit on Information Society as a global initiative to award local digital content with high social value and presents it worldwide. Through close cooperation with the United Nations agencies and strategic alignment with the UN SDGs, the WSA is a globally recognized quality seal for digital innovation.
To apply for WSA you have to provide detailed information on your product in the WSA Database.
Please find here some guidelines on how you should provide this information in order to make the application easier to evaluate and process and hence promote your project the best.
Once you have read the guidelines to make the application, you can find here a manual to use the database.